Monday, September 27, 2010

The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Breakfast edition

I'm on the hunt for the best breakfast sandwich.

After a summer of claiming that I had found my choice for Best-Thing-I-Ever-Ate breakfast edition, I decided I should actually compare the sandwich to others before calling it the best. However, I technically have only just begun this quest. I rarely go out to breakfast, and when I do I often take my time with the menu. Breakfast has so many options, it's great but overwhelming. Now I'm on a mission and know what I will be ordering from here on.

So as of now I only have two contenders to report on.

#1) The Ardmore Station Cafe's (Ardmore, Pennsylvania) Sausage, Egg, and Cheese on a Plain Bagel
#2) Louis Family Restaurant (Providence, Rhode Island) Sausage, Egg, and Cheese on a Roll

These two are close to being a tie, each with pros and cons. Louis' bread choice is much more suited to a breakfast sandwich; it's not too thick, it's got a crispy outer layer, and it's not dense with butter. However, Ardmore's sausage is far better in taste as well as color.

Stay tuned for the next sandwich report,
bakey love

No comments:

Post a Comment