Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Iced Chai Latte in 3 Steps

I'm baaack! It's an absolute understatement to say it's been a while... and although I could excuse myself by saying I just spent an incredible semester in Italy, I'll save those details for later posts. (Get ready for some delicious dishes!)

But now I'm back in suburbia and it's HOT. The weather is already hitting record highs and it's only mid June! My way of staying cool and energetic? Iced chai latte. I know you can stop in any coffee shop and order one for yourself, but have you noticed how expensive they are? So I've learned a way to prepared it for myself, for MUCH less money, and I'm guaranteed to have a constant supply ready in my fridge for when I need a quick pick-me-up.

You'll need:
- 3 cups boiling water
- 6 chai tea bags
- Sweetener (I use 6, but it's a your own preference)
- 3 cups milk
- A lot of ice

1. Bring the water to a boil and then steep the 6 tea bags for 5 or 6 minutes.

2. Remove the bags and let the tea cool for a few more minutes.
3. Fill a glass with ice. Then add one part milk, one part tea. Stir and enjoy!


Pointer: Only mix the milk and tea together when you're about to serve it. If you leave them separate, you can refrigerate the tea in an air tight container for a few days so you always have some ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment